Sunday 1 March 2015

Ireland







Ireland and Its spectacular from its glorious castles to its breath-taking cliff formation, is amazing.

My country for the cricket world cup is Ireland, as you can plainly see. Mahon and I have been working hard on this project to complete a slideshow last week, and this week... That's right
POSTER TIME!!!

As you know, last week I completed a slideshow, and I was totally amazed at all the scenery Ireland holds

Ireland Castle

Any visitor to Ireland must see at least one of the hundreds of castles. Bunratty Castle is my personal favorite. This castle is the most complete and least damaged Ireland castle. It was built in 1425 and restored in 1954. 

Bunratty Castle















Moher Cliff is another unforgettable sight of Ireland. Travelers bear through cold and heavy fog to see this natural beauty, looking out into the Atlantic ocean. Despite its beauty it's also verry dangerous! without any borders that stop you from falling over the edge it does make you feel quite vulnerable!


 

One version of the legend tells that Fionn fell asleep before he got to Scotland. When he did not arrive, the much larger Benandonner crossed the bridge looking for him. To protect Fionn, his wife Oonagh laid a blanket over him so he could pretend that he was actually their baby son. In a variation, Fionn fled after seeing Benandonner’s great bulk, and asked his wife to disguise him as the baby. When Benandonner saw the size of the ‘infant’, he assumed the alleged father, Fionn, must be gigantic indeed. Therefore, Benandonner fled home in terror, ripping up the Causeway in case he was followed by Fionn.



I hope you enjoyed reading my blog, and I hope you learned a little bit about Ireland. I think it is a very cool and interesting country to learn about I can't wait to learn more about Ireland and its Location, size, languages, currency, religions and government etc. for my poster! 


I look forward to seeing you next time!  




Untill then....





Good Bye!!


2 comments: