Monday 23 March 2015

Camp!!!











Hello I'm back one again after being at camp, and this week I'm going to tell all you readers, reading my blog about my super, rocking fun time at camp! 
For some of you who may not has noticed..... 
I had a really, REALLY fun time at camp. I think everyone did well in ALL the fun activities and had lots of fun at our little 'holiday'.


Highlights.

ALL OF IT!!!!!


Ok now that we've got that question out of the was whats next?
Naaaa just kidding! But if we have to be specific then ill'd say caving
Caving would be by far my most favorite thing out of all the things we did... Maybe not,  well one of the most all time favorite thing we did at camp. Any who Caving Was Awesome. 

And it's not because I'm a nature geek, or nerd well I don't know how to to tell them apart but i'm gonna go with hmmmmm nerd, WAIT no geek! Ok where are we ohh yeah, and it's not because I'm a nature geek or anything, but I do like looking at history of rock and learning different types of rocks and finding out how caves formed over the years, and has effected the environment around them. Like In New Zealand solution caves that form in limestone and in marble found in the mountains of many parts of the country. The calcium carbonate (CaCO3) that these rocks are composed of readily dissolves in acid, allowing solution caves to, ummm.  Yeah so the caves were so cool and all the different chambers and obstacles were very cool stufffff.........






















      &


Bridge jumping & canoeing and any other water activity, was also In my opinion a highlight of camp.

Bridge jumping- I wasn't too nervous about because I do heaps of wharf jumping and was totally familiar about but canoeing on the other hand, mmmmmmmm not too familiar about. Kayaking I've done heaps before 
(for those who doesn't know the difference between those two is that kayaking is by yourself one person or 
2 people
and Canoeing is with a number of people tends to be 2+ people)
So that was a new and exiting experience that I had for both of them even bridge jumping. 



Not so much Highlights.

Well even though I really enjoyed the camp... There's always a down point! For me It was High ropes.
That's always been a week spot for me, but by doing it I learned an important lesson.








and for a short amount of time IT WORKED!!! (But then chickened out on only the fourth bar)

:'(   -sad face!


Most Challenging? 

-HIGH ROPES!          I found that a bit of a challenge because I'm not so good when It comes to Heights. Even though I'm not actually afraid of heights, It's just the fact of being high up in the air like that and my body goes mental and can't handle it. (probably not the best explanation for it.) Also some Parts of the cave, because I'm a bit claustrophobic but I sort of over came my fear of tight spaces while persevering though those tight spaces!


Easy Parts?

-WELL... NOTHING!          I have to admit everything was a bit of a challenge. But some of the easiest activity's would probably be caving (sort of) and Flying Fox But you Know the height thingie wing put me off a little bit. 


WAS CAMP WHAT I EXPECTED?

-SORT OF WELL... (NOT REALLY)          Camp was not what I expected well It was a little bit sort of well I don't know. I expected to drive around in van things to get to the activities. Well someone tolled me anyway, To be honest I didn't really have a picture of what camp would be like.











Tips! (for yr 7) and anyone else who gets held back for another year.


#1 Sleep in next days thermals (HELPS ALLOT IN THE MORNING RUSH!!!) 

#2 If Oli gets held back for another year DO NOT I repeat DO NOT sleep next to him or there will be sounds all night long (mostly coming from his Butt)

#3 Be early to meals (SHAZZZZZAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!)

#4 Make sure you sleep at the bottom bunk if your not confident at top bunks! (You will fall off if your not confident at sleeping at top!) 

#5 Try all the activity's if possible! (You can't go back in time so you'll regret it if you skip an activity!)






 

Good Bye!!






















7 comments:

  1. Two things: one- you spelt lesson wrong (lol)
    and two . . . I really like that campfire gif you have!
    Nice, long post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHHHHH auto correct soz about tat

    ReplyDelete
  3. "my body goes mental" how nice haha. nature geek
    nice post- your gifs are so cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG YOUR CAMPFIRE GIF IS AWESOME! Nice one Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thx guys! it means allot when people like you reads my blog cause then i feel like i'm writing it for you.

    ReplyDelete