Monday 20 July 2015

Winter Wonder





















This may look a bit out of a movie or book... but in my real-life holidays this what we encountered! 
So there I was on our road trip to Taupo, all crammed into our car 'liking' pictures on Instagram. 


Then suddenly..... my IPod died..... 


It was terrible.....

No Instagram...

No games...

No music...

No nothing...


Image result for snowflakeI was then forced to look out the window, struggling to get a good view through the faint foggy-mist. The icy air whistled around the car, I squinted harder, There I could see! The naked, snow capped trees struggled to bare the added weight of snow... snow...?  snow...! there It was everywhere! It shimmered like tinny diamonds, light and fluffy, blanketing all into a white void. It hid the daily hustle and bustle into an abandoned and barren white world. It was amazing! I've never seen anything like it! 


we pulled over for a quick play, then something hit me, literally! I could feel it slide down my back before it smashed when it hit the ground. No matter how many layers I had on I could still feel the chill that tinkled down my back. I spun around finding my bother running away laughing, I quickly made a snowball and 
through it in the air I could hear the whistling sound it made. before hitting him hard on the shoulder causing him to fall over. We both fell to our knees laughing. We soon found ourselves in a huge fight, building trenches and making an endless supply of snowballs. Until we were called in to keep going. leaving that spot has hard but to our relief we soon found another spot! Perhaps better that before!



This one was higher up along the desert road (well you cant really call it that anymore can you?) It had more plant life and steep slopes... an idea grew in out heads. finally we carved out a snow slide I was eager to go first. I pushed my siblings out of the way and slid down, but I hit a corner and soon I found myself rolling down the slide causing some memorizing swirls. As the sun sank closer towards the ground, it started casting long shadows over the orange tussock. and making the bony trees look longer, thinner and more scarier over the land. So once again dad called us in because he wanted to get through the desert road before ice started forming on the road. So once again we had to take all our jackets and boots and gloves off and replace them with spare clothes out of our suit cases, before we knew it we were off once again. 


To be honest we probably spent more time in the snow than in our hotel                   (yep that's how much we loved the snow)  






Glossary:

-Tussock grasses or bunch grasses are found as native plants in natural ecosystems, as forage in pastures, and as ornamental grasses in gardens.

Image result for tussock new zealand
New Zealand Tussock 














*Thanks for reading! Oh by the way, please let me know what you guys did in the holidays and tell me what you think we should call desert road!?! 



Goodbye













4 comments:

  1. We should call it the snow road

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice and the funny bit is that you were forced to look out the window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thx guys and yea that's wat made me look out the window

    ReplyDelete